Part-Time Warehouse Service Agent
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
We are currently hiring part-time Warehouse Service Agents at our Jamaica, NY Service Station.
***You must have a valid NY Driver’s License in order to be considered for this position.***
As a Warehouse Service Agent you will provide operational management and support to ensure efficient and timely pick-up and delivery of customer materials and shipments. You will also ensure compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies.
• High school diploma or GED required
• 1-2 years of experience
• NY State Driver License. An out-of-state driver license will not be accepted.
• Successfully complete certification training and maintain currency in the use of all equipment as it relates to the loading, unloading, and material handling equipment, including, not limited to, forklifts, tugs, belt loaders, and cargo loaders.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Process time-sensitive materials for pick-up, transit, and delivery at hub, gateway, and terminal ramps.
• Sort, load, unload, and handle materials at hub, gateway, and terminal ramps according to established procedures.
• Move material with speed and accuracy according to established procedures to meet deadlines.
• Receive, sort, and segregate incoming materials, parts, products, supplies, and equipment for warehouse/distribution facilities.
• Operate scanner to process all incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Load and unload materials on to or off of pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
• Sort and process outgoing materials and cargo according to established procedures and regulations.
• Load materials and cargo into vehicles and use hand tools to install strapping, bracing, and padding.
• Prepare and update information in computerized systems such as logs, packing lists, pick tickets, invoices, inventories, transfer/delivery tickets, orders/receipts, etc.
• Operate a forklift. Drive vehicles to airlines, brokers, government agencies, and other locations.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull heavy objects or materials up to 80 lbs.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Please note that a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
DHL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.