Customs Data Entry Agent
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Deliveries and Logistics Company in the world.
We have career opportunities for Customs Data Entry Agents in our Customs Brokerage Department at our Erlanger, KY location.
As a Customs Data Entry Agent, you can expect to contact customers regarding clearance matters to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products. You may also compute duties, tariffs, price conversions, as well as calculating the weight and volume of merchandise exported/imported from foreign destinations. In addition you may also be asked to examine various documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements and may contact customs officials to obtain release of incoming freight and resolve delays.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
• High school diploma or equivalent (associate's degree preferred)
• 1-3 years of customer service experience.
• 1 year experience in transportation or customs preferred.
• Effectively classify dutiable import/export shipments to ensure compliance with all government agency rules and regulations.
• Process all requests for extensions, expiration, cancellation and all government entries.
• Communicate with origin, customers, and destination locations regarding shipment status and special handling and delivery processes.
• Notification to Third Party Brokers.
• Maintain open line of communication with all departments in the Gateway.
• Receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database and web-based applications (required)
• Good oral and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills; courteous and clear telephone voice.
• Proficiency on a 10-key calculator.
Tuesday – Saturday, 6pm–2:30am
Start your career with DHL today!
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.