On Call CDL Class E Courier
Sorry, this job has expired.
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL is currently hiring Casual (On Call) Couriers in our Hazelwood, MO service station.
As a Casual Courier you would follow standard company procedures and safety requirements to pick up and deliver time sensitive materials in a timely and efficient manner. Because you'll only provide support on an "as needed" basis, this is a position that can offer flexibility to work around your schedule.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• CDL Class E (minimum) with clean driving record.
• Under tight deadlines, drive vehicle to customer sites, climb in and out of vehicle, and walk up and down stairs as required to pick up and deliver documents and packages to and from customers according to established procedures, in all weather conditions.
• Pick up, handle, and deliver time sensitive documents and packages in a safe and punctual manner while considering traffic patterns, alternative routes, traffic regulations, and driving conditions in order to meet customer and DHL time requirements.
• Ensure all delivery material received is safely delivered to correct consignee.
• Operate a scanner to record shipping and package information for documents/packages picked up or delivered.
• Maintain good work habits, including reporting to work on time and adhering to standard work and safety procedures.
• Report any suspected breach of security or unusual happenings to supervisor immediately.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs occasionally.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs frequently.
• Must be able to walk, climb stairs, reach overhead, squat, bend, kneel, stoop, and crouch repeatedly.
• Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift as needed.
DHL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.